#LAETITIA

Hello 2018. #laetitia.



On the 31st December 2017, I was not too eager to go out and have a few drinks with friends as I was just too exhausted of how 2017 ended for me. It was an extreme year with ups and downs and I am not sure yet, what outweighs what.

Around 9pm in the evening, I was sitting in my flat wondering if I should call someone or just continue watching Netflix when some people apparently thought their clocks are running 3 hours ahead. They started to shoot fireworks in front of my window - and it was a great inspiring view. I did not really think about it, I just grabbed my guitar and started recording what came to my mind. ...the idea grew in my head within minutes and I started to feel a little too excited to just stay in my flat doing nothing. So at 11:30pm I took a break from recording, and went to my favourite place by bike so I could film the fireworks at midnight.

When I got home, I continued recording until late in the morning and went to sleep - the only part that I haven't recorded then was 3:21 - 3:50, but I was too tired to continue. Later that day I woke up, finished this off, took a shower and then put the filmed fireworks over it. To me, it has the desired effect. This instrumental carries a lot of strong positive energy, but is constantly questioning itself.

I am excited to hear what comes to your mind if you take your time to listen to it while watching the fireworks on full-screen. Let me know!

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts