#ShibbCast - Episode 1 // Melting Mind Sessions

#ShibbCast - Episode 1
Welcome to the Melting Mind Sessions.



Here it is. I have thought of doing this a long time and finally I have the guts to eventually start what I am going to call "ShibbCast". This is an instrumental podcast with calm videos accompanying the audio. I started this project as I discovered that sometimes I write too much music to write lyrics to. And since this is not the "poppy, successful, mainstream" kind of music, I cannot imagine giving the instrumentals to somebody else in order to perform vocals over that. I might not be happy with that, but I can never know for sure...

I made my mind up about the background of those instrumentals - 'cause whenever I start recording something for ShibbCast, I always have a first idea in mind already. And this is where the name for the first season comes from:

The Melting Mind Sessions.
(wait - did he say 'first season?' - yes he did, continue reading...)

As I am one of the people not wearing headphones when being outside or on my way to a friend or an event or whatsoever, I do have plenty of time experiencing my surroundings. Be it in a park, on the train... When I am just waiting/walking without music in my ears, it just appears in my mind. My thoughts are drifting around memories, dreams and wishes and somehow my mind creates a soundtrack to that... I think everyone can relate to this, since many people start to whistle or hum a melody when it's quiet around them.
This is more or less the actual intention of the ShibbCast: watch these videos when you want to listen to music and at the same time you want your thoughts to drift away and around other things than your everyday business.

The Melting Mind Sessions is planned to be a set of 10 episodes on a weekly schedule.
I am exited about where this season will take me in terms of music, genre, emotions and atmospheres... Will you join me on this journey? Let your mind melt.

...I am not quite certain about what will come after the Melting Mind Sessions yet. Time will tell...

In the meantime - enjoy!

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:


Kommentare

Beliebte Posts