#ShibbCast - Episode 4

#ShibbCast - Episode 4
...a late night fadeout...



#ShibbCastSunday again! ...how come that I only had this hashtag with the fourth episode in mind? I could've been more creative. Anyhow. Another sunday, another ShibbCast. This time, I tried a different approach of arranging that I haven't used before: Loops/Samples.

Usually, I create my instrumentals by writing them in their full-length. This time, I only set myself a tempo and constructed a beat with 808 Drumsamples. Then I chose E-minor as the root of this song and started recording Chord progressions and melodies - but none of them longer than 8 bars. - to put it in a nutshell: I created a set of loops/samples to play around with.

What you hear is the result of me having a set of loops, arranging them into a full-length instrumental. I am indeed quite happy with the result, as this comes with a totally different vibe from what I usually write. It kind of feels like having a night out, going back home, and let the night fade with a few friends in a flat with the last drinks. You are exhausted but happy. You have conversations, that might be a few of the best ones in your entire life. Although this instrumental is not that spectacular, it certainly has a lot of emotional value - which is interesting for me, as I would have never thought this is possible when working with loops.

This emotional value is the reason for my choice of the videomaterial:
I was lucky enough to be a guest at a recording of the M&M Blaupause - the podcast of my flatmate Markus. - Spoiler alert: It's German. It felt pretty good to be there. It was a calm, relaxing atmosphere and I got to listen to some very interesting conversations. If you do speak German, I highly recommend checking them out on Soundcloud and please give them a like on Facebook.

This time I managed to surprise myself with the outcome of this episode. That makes me even more excited about what is going to come next. 

The melting mind sessions continue...

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts