C'MON FLUFF! DISQUALIFY ME! #riffsandbeards #riffcontest3

COME ON FLUFF!
DISQUALIFY ME!
#RiffsandBeards #Riffcontest3


Hello there Internet,
hello Fluff, Fluff's beard and Fluff's riffs!

Guess what, the #RiffsandBeards Riffcontest no. 3 is on right now! Sounds great? It does. Please make sure to check out the announcement for this contest on Fluff's YouTube channel.

What I did not like about this contest was how many negative comments started to appear below the video 'cause Fluff stated you are only eligible for entering the contest/winning a price if you have a U.S. mailing address. To be fair - the reason for this is pretty reasonable: It's about the shipping taxes outside the U.S. ...I'm okay with that and I just do not get why people start to complain only because the are not eligible for winning prices. I think comments like that rather destroy the spirit of riffing instead of fortifying the community feeling. I think this is a cool opportunity to get creative within a certain set of rules and it's just amazing to have a look afterwards what other people have come up with given the same rules but having a different approach to writing riffs. ...I think the main reason for us all to do music is fun, passion, emotions and the relief we get from it. Right? If someone is only doing it for winning prices, here's a little hint: Just stop.

What I did like about this contest: Everything apart from the negative comments about the U.S. mailing address issue...

However, the rules of this contest are the following:

- LIKE all 11 sponsors Instagram accounts 
- Download the drum track and write your best riff with it 
- Upload to Instagram by March 13th 
- Use the Hashtag #RiffsandBeards in your post 
- No solos allowed! 
- You may NOT change the tempo or length of drums

Well. I did break them.
- I do not have a U.S. mailing address
- I did not follow all sponsors' instagram accounts
- I did submit my entry to YouTube. (I did submit it to instagram as well, but this was 'only for the likes' hahaa)

Soo... Fluff, if you ever come across this post on my blog OR approach my video on YouTube:

PLEASE DISQUALIFY ME!

...needless to say that I think this contest is a cool idea. And taking part in it without being eligible for a price is still fun. For practicing... learning... doing something... U. NAME. IT.

I'm looking forward to hearing the winner's entry already!

Be sure to check out Fluff's YouTube channel! - He is one hell of an entertaining and informative educator around the world of riffs...


Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts