#ShibbCast - Episode 9

#ShibbCast - Episode 9
...if only everything was this simple...




We're so close to the end of season 1 of the #ShibbCast now. The Melting Mind Sessions are almost done - one Episode is still to come until it's a wrap. So - what is Episode 9 basically about? It's simple. It is about simplicity. It's straight forward and in terms of music definitely employs a no-frills attitude. Which is not too common for me writing music, 'cause I always like to play around with details, extras, harmonies, polyrhythmic grooves, etc. But this time I did not - and I am happy with the result of it.

As this one is simple and straight forward, it almost sounds like it has been writing itself on its own. Spoiler alert: It was still me doing this instrumental. It's been basically the point of the #ShibbCast like I said it in the first post: I was pretty excited where this project is taking me in terms of genre, arrangements, approaches, etc. And the fun thing for me to discover is, that Episode 9 appears to be even more straight forward than Episode 2 was. - But everyone can decide for themselves, which one they feel is more straight.

Why did I choose to film a washing machine for Episode 9?
I think this is quite obvious. As the instrumental sounded straight forward and simple - doing your laundry with a washing machine feels as simple as the instrumental sounds. And watching a washing machine doing it's job is basically as no frills as the instrumental as well: There are no sparkling unicorns dancing on barb-wire fences. It's just doing its programmed job. (And most of the times does not disappoint, so I hope Episode 9 didn't disappoint either...)


You're excited? Are you ready for the grand finale of the Melting Mind Sessions? 
Stay tuned...

Did you like this post?
Make sure to subscribe and follow me on Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date:

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts